Saturday, May 9, 2009

In Erlangen!

I am finally in Erlangen! Today is my second day, and I spent it wandering around the city taking pictures. Yesterday I did some shopping and got a cell phone and a few other things. Unfortunately the Studentwerk was closed, so I will have to go Monday to see if I can get a room there for the summer. For now I have a tiny single room at the hostel, which receives a mysterious free wireless signal from somewhere. Here's a picture of my microroom:



I enjoyed a German breakfast this morning, I always forget how perfect they are. Meat and cheese and bread, yogurt and tea...is there a better way to start the day? I found a little Indian place and had some curried dahl for dinner, it was delicious! I found a few different supermarkets, so when I have a more permanent home I can stock up on some snacks and things. I think I am going to sneak some extra brötchen from breakfast until then ^_^.

At the park an older gentleman struck up a conversation with me, and talked about everything from Obama to Westerns (he really likes John Wayne) to all of the different "can't-miss" festivals that happen in Erlangen. Apparently there are a lot of things I have to see while I am here.

And I know you were all wondering, so I am happy to report that there are lilacs everywhere here! I think there are even more than in the US. Here's a picture of some growing on the hostel:



Anyway, I posted all of my pictures so far on Flickr, and added a slideshow of them on the right side of the page. I'll be adding more photos throughout the summer. If you click any one of the photos, it will take you to my Flickr where you can read the descriptions and browse through everything. So until next time, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment